ELECTRONIC VISION ACCESS SOLUTIONS (EVAS)
NOTICE OF PRIVACY PRACTICES
Effective date of this notice: January 1, 2005
Last Updated: December 20, 2018
EVAS’ Commitment to Protecting End-User/Customer Privacy
THIS NOTICE DESCRIBES HOW PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT YOU MAY BE USED AND DISCLOSED AND HOW YOU CAN GET ACCESS TO THIS INFORMATION. PLEASE REVIEW IT CAREFULLY.
You do not need to respond to this notice in any way.
Our Responsibilities and Privacy Commitment
EVAS understands the importance of protecting your Personal Information. Our highest priority is to maintain your trust and confidence. We will maintain our commitment to safeguarding your Personal Information now and in the future.
We are required by law to:
- Maintain the privacy of your Personal Information.
- Provide you with certain rights with respect to your Personal Information.
- Provide you with a copy of this Notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to your Personal Information.
- Follow the terms of the Notice that is currently in effect.
EVAS is guided by our respect for the confidentiality of your Personal Information. We are providing you with this notice in accordance with privacy laws and because we want you to know that we value your privacy.
Information We Collect
“Personal Information“ is any information we are provided with about you in the course of discussing your needs, processing orders, designing and manufacturing, supporting or shipping computer-based assistive technology solutions and/or providing other related services.
The information we may obtain includes, but is not limited to, your name, address and phone number; past, present, or future physical or mental health or condition; the provision of health care to you; your Social Security number; employment history; credit card information.
We obtain this information from several sources, including but not limited to third-party or individual purchasers; as part of consultation with the parties involved; as part of the procurement documents generated; as part of processing credit card purchases or through secure web-based transactions.
Our Privacy and Security Procedures
Our employees who have access to this information are those who must have it to provide products or services to end-users/customers. Below are some examples of our guidelines for protecting Personal Information.
- Paper copies, when used, are viewed, discussed, and retained in private secure surroundings. Redaction/Black-Out measures are taken for information such as social security numbers and credit card numbers once the need for the information has been accomplished, such as shipping an order.
- Individuals viewing information stored in a computer must have passwords to gain access. Passwords are provided only to individuals who must have access to Personal Information to provide products or services to our end-users/customers.
- Our Business Associates use Personal Information to support EVAS in providing products and services to our end-users/customers. Business Associates agree to follow our privacy procedures.
Information We Disclose
EVAS will not disclose any Personal Information about end-users/customers, except as allowed by law, including the Fair Credit Reporting Act. We may share all of the information we collect with Business Associates, companies that help us to conduct our business or others as permitted by law. Below are examples of the times we may share information for business purposes.
- Submitting invoices or credit card processing;
- Assessing end-user/customer technology requirements;
- Business management and planning; and
- Sales, transfer, merger or consolidation of the business.
Your Personal Information may also be shared:
- For purposes of order processing, manufacturing operations, support and service activities, receiving payment and other business administration activities.
- With a regulatory, law enforcement, or other government authority as required by law. This may include finding or preventing criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation or material nondisclosures in connection with Personal Information.
- In response to an administrative or judicial order, including a search warrant or subpoena.
- With a third party provider, medical care institution or professional, to verify products and/or services deliver, conduct an audit of EVAS’ activities, discuss a problem of which the end-user/customer may not be aware, discuss alternative solutions and approaches, and other purposes permitted or required by law.
- To conduct actuarial or research studies. In this case, individuals are not identified in the research report. Material identifying an individual is destroyed as soon as it is no longer needed.
- With our Business Associates for use in auditing product/service delivery or operations, auditing marketing services, performing various functions on our behalf, or to provide certain services.
- To consult with outside health care providers, consultants and attorneys, and other health related services.
- As otherwise permitted or required by law.
EVAS requires those with whom we share information to implement appropriate safeguards regarding your Personal Information. We share only that which is minimally necessary to accomplish a task.
Your written authorization is required for uses and disclosures of Personal Information for purposes other than those described above. If you provide us authorization to use or disclose your Personal Information, you may revoke that authorization, in writing, at any time. If you revoke your authorization, EVAS will no longer use or disclose information for the specific purpose contained in the authorization. We are required to retain any records we may have containing your Personal Information for the periods specified in document retention laws.
Upon Notarized, written request, you have the right to:
- Inspect and copy certain Personal Information. We may charge a reasonable fee for the costs of copying or mailing.
- Receive confidential communication of Personal Information.
- Request restrictions on certain uses and disclosures of your Personal Information, although we are not required to agree to a requested restriction.
- Request an amendment to your Personal Information, although we are not required to agree to an amendment.
- Receive an accounting of impermissible Personal Information disclosures or disclosures made in compliance with federal law (or state regulations, if applicable) for which an accounting is required.
- Be notified of a breach of unsecured Personal Information.
The written request must reasonably describe the information. The information requested must be reasonably locatable and retrievable.
How to File a Complaint Regarding the Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us, your respective state agency, or with the Secretary of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be in writing.
You will not be retaliated against for filing a complaint.
How to Contact Us
You can contact our representative at the following address:
Privacy Information Request
39 Canal Street
Westerly, RI 02891
Notification of a revised privacy notice will be provided through one of the following:
- U.S. Postal Service
- Revised Contract Document
- Revised On-line System Information
- Internet E-mail.
- Website Posting.
Any right an end-user/ consumer may have under this notice is not limited by any other privacy notice used by EVAS.